Since last July, our family of ministries has been actively planning programming options for a variety of scenarios to be able to offer camp ministry experiences safely in Summer 2021. As always, the safety and well-being of our campers and staff remains our top priority. In the months leading up to May, we’ll continue monitoring conditions as they fluctuate and expert guidance as it emerges, adapting our plans and protocols as-needed to ensure the safety of all involved. We are so looking forward to partnering with families and churches this summer, and we’re excited to begin registering campers for Grow 2021!
All returning and first-time campers will need the following information to complete registration:
1) The date of your camper’s last tetanus booster
2) The name and phone number of your camper’s doctor and dentist
3) Your camper’s health insurance or Medicaid information
If you registered a camper for Summer 2019 or 2020, your camper’s info is saved in your account. Please check to ensure all information is still accurate and then update any info that has changed since last year.
PAYMENT INFO & DEPOSIT
The registration system accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover. You must make the minimum deposit of $50 to complete your registration and hold a spot for your camper. Full payments are due 7 days prior to the start of each day camp.
LATE ARRIVAL / EARLY DEPARTURE
Grow Day Camps begin on Monday morning and end Friday afternoon. Each day starts and ends at the time listed on the schedule posted online and in the site-specific brochure. Please make every effort to avoid late arrivals and/or early departures. If a late arrival or early departure is unavoidable, please notify the Site Director.
MORE THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CAMP SESSION
• Notice of cancellation must be received by a Camper Coordinator in writing (email or postal mail).
• Refund will be the amount paid minus the deposit (deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable).
• If camp fees are not paid by the Friday prior to your camper’s check-in day, your registration may be canceled and opened up to a waiting list.
WITHIN 30 DAYS OF YOUR CAMP SESSION
• There will be no refund for cancellation within 30 days of the camp session.*
• *Medical Exception: Full refunds will only be given if, prior to the camp session, a Camper Coordinator receives a signed doctor’s note within 3 days of the cancellation.
DURING/AFTER YOUR CAMP SESSION
• No refund will be made for any reason after the start of your camp session.
IF YOUR SESSION IS CANCELLED
• If Grow is unable for any reason to offer the camp session for which your camper is registered, we will offer a full refund of any deposit and/or fees paid toward that session.
STATE EARLY CHILDHOOD LICENSURE EXEMPTION
As a seasonally operating day camp providing religious and recreational programming, Grow Day Camps is exempt from state licensing requirements for early childhood education programs and therefore is not licensed by the state. This notification is required by condition of our exemption. Grow Day Camps programming is guided by 90-plus years of camp ministry experience, and its operation is consistent with the best practices established by the American Camp Association.
SUMMER 2021 COVID-19 TERMS
Keeping our campers and staff safe is at the heart of all we do. The terms below stem from our Covid-19 Mitigation Plan for being able to offer faith-forming experiences safely during Summer 2021. Please know we will continue to monitor developments in the knowledge, tools, and governmental restrictions related to the pandemic and that the following COVID-19 policies and procedures will be subject to change accordingly.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL & CHECK-IN DAY
• Campers with pre-existing conditions for complications with Covid-19 as defined by the CDC are strongly discouraged from attending camp.
• To help reduce the likelihood of Covid-19 entering camp, all campers will be required to pre-screen for Covid-19 symptoms for 14 days prior to their check-in day using our Check-In Form. If your camper is symptomatic, or if they have been exposed to somebody who is confirmed Covid-19 positive, you will be required to bring proof of a negative test administered within 72 hours of arrival. Camp fees in these cases will be refundable per our refund policies for illness.
• During check-in/out, we will ask families to wear masks, and to be distanced from one another.
• Camper temperatures will be taken at arrival each morning. Any camper who registers a high temperature of 100.2° or higher at check-in must have a normal temperature for 24 hours and receive a negative COVID test before they may attend camp.
DURING CAMP SESSION
• We will use our living groups as “cohorts” to limit the breadth of possible spread of the virus during the camp week. Exposure to campers and staff outside the cohort will be limited.
• Should a camper present symptoms of Covid-19 at camp, that camper as well as all within their living group may be isolated and sent home.
• Our refund policy does not allow for a refund in the case of an illness after the camp session has begun.
• Typical group activities may be significantly altered and/or eliminated in order to maintain our mitigation model. Activities possibly affected include, but are not limited to chapel times, meal times, closing celebration, etc.
• Campers and staff must wear cloth face coverings when in common spaces that are shared by others using the church property (ex: restroom trips, walking through the church during meal times, etc). The majority of all camp activities occur outdoors which provides ample air flow and space for distancing. Because of this, during almost all time outdoors campers and their counselors will not be required to wear masks.
• In the event of a Covid-positive camper or staff member, we will notify those exposed and actively participate in health department contact tracing.
AFTER CAMP & GENERAL NOTES
• All families agree to notify us of any Covid-positive diagnosis of their camper or immediate family member in the 10 days following their camp experience so that we can notify our other campers families.
• Our normal Cancellation Policy (listed above), will apply to Covid-19 cases as well. Please note that if Grow Day Camps is unable for any reason to offer the camp session for which your camper is registered, we will offer a full refund.
• Lastly, please note that the pictures and videos found on this site were taken during or before Summer 2019 and therefore may or may not reflect our adapted practices and policies listed on this page.
The day camper being registered has permission to participate in all Grow Day Camp activities except as noted by me and/or an examining physician. I give permission to the physician selected by Grow to order x-rays, routine tests, and treatment related to the health of my child for both routine health care and in emergency situations. If I cannot be reached in an emergency, I give my permission to the physician to hospitalize, secure proper treatment for, and order injection, anesthesia, or surgery for this child. I understand the information on this form will be shared on a “need to know” basis with Grow staff. In addition, Grow Day Camps has permission to obtain a copy of my child’s health record from providers who treat my child and these providers may talk with the program’s staff about my child’s health status. I understand that all medications for my camper will be administered by the Grow Director or Site Directors, and that the nurse on-call will serve in a consultative or emergency role only. I give permission to Grow staff to transport my camper for emergency or programmatic purposes at the discretion of the Director.
TRANSPORTATION & USE OF LIKENESS RELEASE
For good and valuable consideration, we hereby consent to and authorize the reproduction, publication, and use by North Georgia Camp & Retreat Ministries INC, Grow Day Camps LLC, the United Methodist Church or agency hosting the day camp attended, and their successors and assigns, for advertising, commercial, or any other purpose, of any photograph, picture video or likeness of my child or other family members.
You must read the entire registration waiver (the “1. SIGN WAIVER” tab) and check the box saying you have read the waiver before you can proceed to the registration site.